Mike Rogers (R) from Michigan articulates his objections to the healthcare reform legislation and offers common sense solutions:
- The Government should not be standing between the individual and his doctor.
- Though a safety net is a good idea, we must not take from those who are working hard and playing by the rules and give to others who may not be.
- Individual responsibility has made America great.
- To deal with preexisting conditions, state high-risk pools should be expanded to accept all patients and plans should be prohibited from imposing coverage gaps.
- Small businesses should be permitted to form associations to negotiate with insurance companies.
In his own words: