America’s founders recognized that an informed and educated citizenry is essential to the preservation of Liberty. James Madison said, “The diffusion of knowledge is the only true guardian of Liberty.” Such knowledge helps us to understand our national identity, and it reminds us of America’s exceptionalism and worth.
The principles and values that undergird the unique structure of the American republic, however, are not self-sustaining. Each generation must affirm that knowledge and pass it on to the next.
Toward that end, Liberty-minded Patriots purpose to:
- Become educated in the principles of Liberty and in the application of those principles.
- Equip ourselves and others with the tools to communicate those principles.
- Convey principles of Liberty to the next generation.
- Communicate current events in light of those principles.
- Inform citizens about the political process.